Tuesday, September 18, 2012

caring for kids and parents, mom becomes a sandwich


Raising children has its own set of trials and tribulations. Never easy but always rewarding. No one ever prepared me for the addition of caring for older parents on top of raising children. Being an only child with parents living in two other countries makes it even more challenging. I always joke our family gatherings happen in a phone booth, there is only three of us and we live in each our country. There is no guide book for these situations and you just need to wing it. I want to set a good example for my own children by being there and caring for my parents as they need more help but that means hopping a plane traveling for close to 24 hours and 7 times zones and leaving my children in other people's care ( my husband travels for work). I want to think my children will be stronger and more caring as a result of mom traveling between two continents but I guess only time will tell.  The main lesson they are learning is do not move so far from home.

Read more here: http://www.mom2momkc.com/index.php?a=profile&t=blog&u=18602#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment