Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stranger Danger

Beware of strangers. How many times have we heard that growing up and I believe now more than ever this is a fact of life.  When you are out and about always keep an eye on the little ones, know where they are at all times. Don't be distracted by texting or calling when out in public and you have little people along. They need your undivided attention. I know it has happened to me where my four year old suddenly is gone. We are at the store and I turn away for one second and she has disappeared. 99% of the time they are either hiding somewhere or got distracted by a cool toy and moved on out of sight. But it can happen so fast so always be aware of your surroundings and the second a child is out of sight go find them. Also talk with your kids about strangers and the importance of not going with someone they do not know even though candy, treats or puppies are offered. I have talked with my kids about what to do if approached by a stranger and I often ask them what would you do. But there is a fine line,, you don't want your kids scared of everyone and everything. The little old lady at the grocery store that just wants to say hello or the man out walking his dog who stops for a quick chat. We need to teach our kids to be aware and careful yet also embrace life and enjoy it and not walk around in constant fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment